If you are studying Portuguese (Brazil), be sure to try our free interactive quizzes that will test your knowledge of Portuguese (Brazil) vocabulary and will help you learn many useful words and expressions.
Take each quiz as many times as you like. Do it every day and watch your results improve! Practice makes perfect, especially when it comes to learning languages.
A little about the Portuguese language.
Portuguese is widely spoken around the world. Over 200 million people speak Portuguese as their native language. It is the official language of Brazil, the most populous South American country, several African and Asian countries (Angola, Cape Verde, East Timor, Guinea Bissau, Macao S.A.R. of China, Mozambique, São Tomé and Príncipe), and of course Portugal. The Brazilian version of the Portuguese language is known around the world because of a great number of TV soap operas and other entertainment programs produced in that country.
Portuguese is a Romance language. Spanish, Italian, and French also belong to this group. Portuguese is usually considered to be very close to Spanish, especially in grammar and vocabulary. For example, if you can read Spanish, you should be able to understand general idea of a typical Portuguese text without any additional preparation. This is not surprising since Spain and Portugal are close neighbors both located on the Iberian Peninsula. Phonetically, however, Portuguese seems to be closer to French than to Spanish.
The words and phrases that you will find here have been carefully selected to help you expand your Portuguese (Brazil) vocabulary with maximum efficiency.
Please click on one of the links below to start a quiz.
Receive FREE Updates about our latest quizzes!
- How can you get over yourself
- Do your doctor over prescribe medications
- What is a Leviathan
- How does the Flipkart recommendation engine work
- Does anyone has some Lenskart coupons
- What is SQL Server used for
- Is rent paid monthly in Canada
- Are Yahoo groups succesful
- Is it Adolf Hitler or Adolph Hitler
- What are todays issues in structural design
- Have you ever accidentally said something racist
- How do you say catch in Bengali
- Why should I learn digital photography
- Can fish see colors
- Is there an evolutionary advantage to crying
- Is wealth directly linked to fame