The waterfall is one of the most popular travel destinations across the globe, because of the landscape beauty it is one of the beautiful creations of nature. Earth is gifted with waterfalls of different shapes that are flowing from different height giving life to millions of species that come across on its way. It is somewhat difficult to judge the height of waterfall because there is no standard way, however, still the list is based on estimates and measures that may be imprecise, Here is a list of top 10 tallest waterfalls in the world,
Tallest Waterfall In The World
1. Angel Falls, Venezuela- 979 meters (3,212 ft)
This is the tallest waterfall in the world that falls from an estimated height of 979 meters situated in Canaima National Park, Bolívar, Venezuela. The highest uninterrupted waterfall in the world has a plunge of 807 m falls from the edge of the Auyán-tepui mountain in the Canaima National Park. This is the UNESCO world heritage site that has the same name since the mid-20th century and it was named after the mid-20th century because he is the first person to fly over the waterfall.
2. Tugela Falls, South Africa- 948 meters (3,110 ft)
The second tallest waterfall in the world with an estimated height of 948 meters (3,110 ft) situated near the Tugela River of the Drakensberg Mountains. The water flows uninterrupted 1,350 feet with a total drop of 3,110 feet. The source of the waterfall is at the highest point of the Royal Natal National Park. The waterfall is a source of two rivers namely Elands and Caledon rivers. The hike of the waterfall ends at boulder hop.
3. Tres Hermanas Falls, Peru- 914 meters (2,999 ft)
The third tallest waterfall in the world with an approximate height of 914 meters located in the Otishi National Park near to the Cutivireni River of the Peruvian region in Junin. The beautiful waterfall was surrounded by montane forest and divided into the three sections. Also known as three sisters falls can only be seen from the air, however, you can also reach through the rough trails.
4. Olo’upena Falls, United States- 900 meters (2,953 ft)
Also known as Oloupena Falls is the fourth largest waterfall in the world with a height of 900 meters situated near the north-eastern part of Hawaiian Island of Molokai, United States. The highest waterfall in the US can only be seen as a seasonal water stream falling from the edge of the mountain located between the Pelekunu and Wailua valleys. The fall can only be seen from the ocean or air.
Also Read:10 Most Largest and Biggest Waterfalls in the World
5. Yumbilla Falls, Peru- 896 metres (2,940 ft)
One of the beautiful and highest waterfalls in the water situated in the region of the town of Cuispes in Peru. The waterfall becomes internationally popular in the year 2007 in the geographical survey conducted by the government agencies of the Geographical Institute of Peru. The height of the waterfall has been measured with the help of laser used by the geographical survey of the National Geographic Institute of Peru back in 2007.
Also Read:Top 10 Beautiful Waterfalls in the World
6. Vinnufossen, Norway- 860 metres (2,822 ft)
One of the tallest waterfalls in Europe with a height of 865-meter falling in the region of Romsdal county of Norway. The waterfall has an approximate height of 860 meters. The waterfall is a part of the river Vinnu that flows down from the Vinnufjellet mountain and the source is Vinnufonna glacier. Later, the falls flow into the river Driva situated near the village of Hoelsand.
7. Pu’uka’oku Falls, United States- 840 meters (2,756 ft)
The waterfall is located in Hawaii is one of the tallest waterfalls in the United States and has several jumps across its course. The total height of the waterfall is 840 meters that make it one of the tallest waterfall in the world.
Also Read:Top 10 Most Spectacular Waterfalls In India
8. James Bruce Falls, Canada- 840 meters (2,756 ft)
One of the highest waterfalls in the world with a height of 840 meters situated in the region of British Columbia, Canada. The exact location of the waterfall is Princess Louisa Marine Provincial Park and it flows through the Princess Louisa Inlet. There are two streams of the waterfall that comes from the snowfield, however, they don’t have consistent flow through the year and in the season of summers they dry up.
9. Browne Falls, New Zealand- 836 meters (2,743 ft)
One of the amazing beautiful waterfall located in the Fiordland National Park, New Zealand. It is falling from 819 meters making it one of the tallest waterfalls in the world. The tallest waterfall in Newzealand is one of the most popular tourist destinations because of its height. It is named after aerial photographer Victor Carlyle Browne who discovered the fall during its flight over Fiordland in the yea 1940.
10. Ramnefjellsfossen, Norway- 818 metres (2,684 ft)
Also known as Utigardsfossen or Utigordsfossen is one of the tallest waterfalls in the world situated in the regions of Norway. The source of the waterfall is Ramnefjellbreen glacier, later, the water flows in the lake Lovatnet. You all can easily reach the waterfall with the help of a boat, seaplane, or road.
These are the top 10 tallest waterfalls in the world. Kindly share and do post your comments.
Highest Waterfalls, Highest Waterfalls in the world, Tallest Waterfalls, Tallest waterfalls in the world, Travel
- What are the best monuments in Australia
- How much is Swing whiskey
- How should a persons attitude be
- Which countries have nuclear weapons?no_redirect=1
- How do hurricanes form
- What things go surprisingly well with cinnamon
- What purpose do dryer sheets serve?no_redirect=1
- Which countrys freedom movement was the darkest
- Who s your favourite relative
- Sharepoint database repair 1
- Can science provide a path to morality
- How is Kyrgyzstan landlocked
- Are hand sanitizers ineffective against viruses
- How do I roll Rs in Spanish
- How long do female monarch butterflies live
- Why arent airport runways flat
- Who should investigate Jeffrey Epsteins death
- Are Belarusians pro Ukraine or pro Russia
- What goals are impossible to achieve alone